Wednesday, April 29, 2009

So It Is The Junk Food???

I finally figured out why I put on so much weight...and what was causing me. I'm a stress eater and I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately. Plus, a majority of the weight was put on while I was recuperating from my injury. Not being able to be mobile and being on bed rest, I was given a bag of "goodies" everyday, so that I would only have to get up to go to the rest room. Well...imagine ingesting 2-4 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (I'm talking about the 2 in a pack ones), 2 sodas (24 ounces each), an entire 99 cent bag (well...because of inflation..now $1.29) of chips....2 Hostess apple pies...imagine eating this 5-7 days a week??? I weighed more at my heaviest point, than I did when I was pregnant. You know how you check in to the hospital to deliver and they weigh you? Recently, I weighed more when I wasn't pregnant.

Over the past few days, I have totally cut out junk food. I have not had a soda since Monday. I have not had any junk food since last Friday. And I have lost weight. I last weighed myself a couple of days ago..not on my normal Weigh In day. It was at 180...this was like 3 days ago...I just weighed myself and my weight is now at 177.

I got to thinking again about where I wanted to be at. What my ideal weight is?? What size?? That I don't know. I keep changing. I'm thinking around the 150-160 range. More or less around 150. I have to update the weight loss ticker.

I'm hungry as hell....and an evil bitch!!! But that is due to not snacking like I want to. And trust me...it is hard as hell. Seeing "$5.00 Footlong Commercials" all day long, having to pass McDonalds to get anywhere...knowing that KFC is a short walk away. Knowing how easy it is to pick up a telephone and call some place and bring food to you....so hard to fight the temptation. I refuse to go downtown for any reason right now. All I need right now is to walk past Garrett's Popcorn!! Or an Arby's!!

But it is all for a good cause. So I will just stick it out. I also haven't done my 1 day of "Sinful" eating. You know where you allow yourself to eat whatever the hell you want all day.....everyday??? Because I know I will pack on the pounds in a heartbeat!! And I'll see that as a lost cause and go into a funk and eat and snack and then everything that I have accomplished so far will be down the drain.

So I'm sticking it out!!!

0 comments: